Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ISSH for IPhone and IPad : SSH on iPhone 4 / iPad / iPod touch on iOS4



Not long ago, my review of a trio of SSH apps for the iPhone and iPad generated some pointed feedback from readers. Their beef? That my article left out an SSH app that they thought was better than the rest. Now I don't particularly like getting called on the carpet, but I'm glad I did in this case because Zinger-Soft's $10 iSSH has since become my go-to remote connection app.
As I mentioned in my earlier SSH app review, I manage several remote Linux and Windows servers and it's occasionally nice to have access to these when I'm not near a computer. While I still rely on LogMeIn Ignition to remote-control the Windows servers, I use SSH to connect to remote terminal sessions on the Linux machines.
When working with a command line interface on an iPhone or iPad, you definitely need to have a crisp clear display. iSSH gives you the ability to customize the screen so that you can dial in just the right combination of screen color, font, and font size on whatever device you're using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share