Friday, May 27, 2011

Laura Ingraham wrote on Twitter!she had accepted Ed Schultz's apology 27 May 2011




UPDATE: Laura Ingraham wrote on Twitter that she had accepted Ed Schultz's apology.

"Ed Schultz: Apology accepted," Ingraham tweeted on Thursday morning.

Ingraham also addressed the controversy on her radio show.

"I thought so little about it, I didn't even mention it yesterday," she said, calling his comments "not all that nice, to say the least." But, she continued, "he apologized, and I accept his apology. It seemed heartfelt, it seemed like he really wished he hadn't said it, and I accept the apology... I wish him the best. I wish his family the best."

LISTEN:

ORIGINAL STORY: Laura Ingraham responded on Twitter and Facebook to Ed Schultz's comments about her.

Schultz called the conservative talk show host a "right-wing slut" on his Tuesday radio show. MSNBC then suspended Schultz for a week, and he apologized for his comments on his Wednesday television show.
Advertisement

Ingraham waited until Wednesday to respond to both the comments and the news of the suspension. She wrote both messages before Schultz's apology.

Writing on her Facebook page, she said:

Re. the crude comments made about me by Ed Schultz on his radio program: First, I was surprised to learn that Ed Schultz actually hosted a radio show. Is it only available online? Second, I have to get back to recording the audio edition of my new book "Of Thee I Zing." Now I'm tempted to insert one additional zing--about men who preach civility but practice misogyny.

When news of Schultz's suspension broke, Ingraham took to Twitter. "MSNBC suspends Schultz. Oh great, now his ratings will go up," she wrote.

Schultz said during his apology that he had tried to contact Ingraham but had not been able to reach her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share